Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 122: First week of the new semester!!! :D

So I was sitting in my Book of Mormon class today when the thought popped into my mind, "Hey! I should post on my blog about my totally awesome first week in Winter semester!" Okay so it wasn't exactly in those words, especially since I don't really think in words let alone sentences. I think more in song, which may sound odd, but hey, it keeps my mind entertained! :D And it keeps me from getting stressed by dwelling on silly trivial things that most other girls would normally occupy their mind with! And you know me! I'm no average girl! That's for sure!

Wow. I don't exactly know why just about every sentence in the previous paragraph ends in an exclamation point. I'm not yelling at you, I promise. So from here on out, I will not use any more exclamation points in this post! (Fail.)

In reference to the title of this particular post, I would like to share with you why I am loving Winter semester already! (Fail.) Even though it's quite often in the negative degree's while I'm walking to class. Anyways! (Fail. I really am going to stop using them now.) So first of all, every single one of my teachers is funny. Whether you may think so or not, I think they are all funny. I'm very much happy about this because I feel that when the teacher has a sense of humor during class, it lightens the mood and causes for a less tense atmosphere in the classroom. Which I consider to be very beneficial to me and probably to quite a few other people on campus as well.

Secondly, I didn't make the Women's choir or the Vocal methods class! (Epic. Fail.) You may be wondering why that is a positive thing. Well here's why: First, I wasn't expecting to get in anyways, although I still did my best. Second, I have been sick a lot recently and it probably isn't the best thing to be singing when you're sick. Third, I really like the songs we are going to be singing in Women's Glee (Mainly Steam Heat). Fourth, when I went to the first day of class for vocal methods, we went over all that would be happening in the semester. Albeit rather quickly and candidly, it just seemed like too much to have on my plate at present. And last but not least, now I get to take group vocal lessons from the same director that does Women's Glee :D Yay! (Fail. But that one doesn't really count cause saying "yay" with a period just sounds wrong. And it reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.)

The third reason I am already loving Winter semester is that it is smaller and you can feel it. Reason being, for one, it's cold and nobody wants to be here when it's -20. And two, there are quite a few more people in more than one of your classes than there would be in any other semester. Therefore, you feel like you know more people. Which is always comforting when family and old friends aren't around. For example, I found out today that a girl I sit by in my American Foundations class is also in my Book of Mormon class just before that. Yay! (Like I said before, Monty Python.) Also, there are about 5 plus girls from our Basic Musicianship class also in our Music Explorations class just after on Tuesday and Thursday. ( Side note: I am very much excited for my Basic Musicianship class, no matter how easy it may be so far.)

The fourth (and also last) reason I am loving this semester is that I have volunteered to be the FHE Mom. (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be my one exception...) Which I am actually very excited about. You see I have all these ideas of activities and spiritual thoughts and such and I feel that being Ma is the easiest way to implement them! (Fail.) So anyways, I'm very excited to be the Ma in our FHE group :D However young I may be compared to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment